Friday, January 23, 2009

First Thing's First

This blog is dedicated to my craftiness, or lack of it. See, I didn't stand in all the crafty lines in heaven. My mom and my sister did but apparently I couldn't find my way to those same lines. I stood in the EDC line (Extremely Directionally Challenged). I'm positive I tried to find the craft lines because I LOVE crafting and such but after standing in the EDC line, I could no longer navigate my way to the lines I wanted to be in. So, while crafting comes easily and is just a gift for some like my sister and mom, I have to really work at it.

Plus, I have the added benefit of being a 90%-er. You know those people that start a project and get 90% done and then they quit? Yeah, that's me! I have scrapbook pages finished....with no pictures; taught myself to knit and knitted many coasters (actually the same one over and over again), I never learned to end it; made a Christmas wall hanging about 4 years ago, never got the sides sewn up...the list goes on and on. So I am hoping that this blog will inspire me and help me to tackle the projects I want to try/finish.

I find so many fun things online, in books, boutiques, etc. that I am too intimidated to try. Well, no more! It is my New Year's Resolution. Don't be afraid to try! Besides, I've always wanted to start a blog that could inspire others as well. I will post ideas, thoughts, traditions, reviews, recipes, tips, and much more. I hope you can find something that will inspire you to try something new. Leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by. I know there's not much here yet, just wait! There will be LOTS to see and do. Please check in often. You never know what you may be missing out on...

1 comment:

A Bunch of Roaches said...

Sounds like a great idea. Maybe your post will inspire me as well (as I'm lacking in craftiness myself).