Thursday, August 7, 2014

Anthony’s Essay–I Believe

The list is long after asking myself what I believe. One thing that continues to come to the top of the list is, Fatherhood. I believe in Fathers being heroes to their children. I come from a very large family of eight kids; I am the only boy. Needless to say, growing up was an adventure. I now have six kids of my own.

At a very young age I understood the importance of being a good father and husband. I believed in it and hoped for it. I wanted to do it well. My father was silly at times, even embarrassing, yet I knew he loved us. He worked hard and tried to do the right thing. Raising a family is hard and no one is perfect, but my father did it well. My Father is my hero. He earned this title because of the life he lives. Growing up, my sisters and I never went without. The only one going without would be Him. He often worked three jobs, took care of the yard, and maintained the vehicles. He never paid people to do things. He was a man of mean skills. In that regard he saved our family a lot of money. I am now very handy myself, this I learned from him. I greatly appreciate his example.

One of the greatest things about my life is my title of Father. When asked if I have life dreams, my answer would involve a big yes. I am currently living it. From helping my oldest daughter understand the scriptures to helping my little boys recite the first two Articles of Faith, my heart swells with joy, maybe even a little pride. Seeing my girls compete in gymnastics and dance to watching my boys play tee ball, this definitely fills my guts with pride. This is what I live for; this is my passion.

As a Father, I have a lot of things to learn and understand about caring for these beautiful individuals in my life. The road will be long, but will be well worth the effort.  This I believe in, I am a hero to my kids.

No comments: