Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sloppy Joes

We had sloppy joe's last night for dinner and they were goooooood!  I have several cookbooks in my cupboard above the stove, just ask my husband.  It drives him nuts!  Not only cookbooks but pieces of paper that I've either printed recipes on or written recipes on.  They're always sticking out and falling out all over the place.  But there are certain books and recipes that I turn to over and over again.  One of those being my ward cookbook.  And, lucky me, I just got a new one!  Can't wait to dive into it and find new treasures.  The sloppy joe recipe I'm about to share is from the old one, however.  It's a gem, I tell you.  Hope you love it as much as we do. 

1 lb hamburger
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. green pepper
1/4 c. chopped celery
1 can tomato soup
1/4 c. ketchup
1 T. vinegar
1 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Brown hamburger with onions, peppers, and celery.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer 15-20 minutes.  Serve on your favorite bun. 

We like to put shredded cheese on it as well.  This recipe freezes really well.  Enjoy!!

No comments: