So here we are… February 2nd and I still haven’t posted my New Year’s resolutions.
What a loser!!
Well, better late than never. A month late and a dollar short. What can I say? I still want a fresh start.
- Say yes more often to the kids.
- Stop making promises you don’t know if you can keep… to my kids.
- Try not to please everyone around me. It can’t be done!
- Be happy with what I’ve got right now.
- Go to the temple with Anthony at least once per month. (I know, January is gone and we didn’t make it. 11 times in one year will still be a heck of an improvement over last year!)
- Finish the Book of Mormon. If K can do it, so can I!
- SCRAPBOOK!! Hello!! I’ve got a TON of supplies that have never been touched because I bought it all years and years ago and never did anything with it. Does anyone scrapbook anymore? Is it all digital and stuff now? I’m way behind the times!
- Smile more often.
- Read more REAL books.
- Eat better & Exercise at least 4 or 5 times per week. At least!
- Stop finding so many ‘Pinteresting’ things and actually DO some of them! Utilize the pinboards, Brooke. On second thought… keep finding all the fun stuff, pin away, but make sure you MAKE some of them. Is it weird that sometimes I feel creative just pinning it? Go me!
- Plan school a week ahead of time. That’s a tough one for some reason.
- Strengthen my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Figure out the ‘WHY’ of the Gospel. (Love that talk! – Forget Me Not)
- Is it bad luck to have 13 goals? I’ll throw this line in just to look like an extra. Totally works!
- Just kidding. I just thought of my other one. Learn to sew, knit and crochet. That’s right, folks! I plan to be the jack of all trades. Someday…
Speaking of fresh starts, Anthony has a new job! Hooray for jobs that are consistently 40+ hours per week!! The job with the construction crew (which he loved) wasn’t working out. It was 40 hours per week for the first few weeks and then they started having a day off here and a day off there. Then it became 2 or 3 days off per week. Out of nowhere, they give everyone A WHOLE WEEK OFF!
Um, hi! We have five kids, lots of bills and no money as it is… a week off is not good, my friends!
And so I went behind Anthony’s back one night and posted on my facebook that we were in search of a new job. Hey, a wife’s gotta do what a wife’s gotta do! I really didn’t expect much to come of it but the next morning, as luck would have it, a guy in our ward called. The company his family owns was hiring. Anthony got an interview and was hired on the spot. The pay is not much (actually he’s making less per hour) but the checks will be bigger because he’s working full time. Hooray for that! And did I mention that he’s having a lot of fun? He’s loving it there and can’t wait for the spring and summer… their busy time.