Sunday, November 21, 2010

Don't forget the rolls!!

It's an important part of any Thanksgiving spread. It would be a crime to forget them. Wouldn't you agree?

I admit, this is not the roll recipe we use every Thanksgiving. I have two cousins that bring the rolls each year but this is the recipe I would use if I were ever put in charge of this portion of Thanksgiving dinner, 4 times over because we always have a very large crowd to feed.

This is the recipe I turn to when I need rolls for dinner or something. They are so yummy and easy. The best part is that the dough is made in the bread machine. I suppose you could do it by hand but why? Unless of course you don't have a bread machine. Thanks to my cousin (a different one than the ones mentioned above, I have many) for this recipe. They are better than Rhodes, I swear!

Bread Maker Rolls

1 c. warm water
2 T. margarine or butter
1 egg
3 1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/4 tsp. yeast (1 pkt)

Mix and rise dough on dough cycle of bread machine. Punch down and roll into 24 equal balls of dough. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

No comments: