Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanksgiving... it's almost here!

If I had to choose my favorite holiday, I would have to choose two. Christmas and Thanksgiving. I think for me, the two are almost one big holiday, separated by several weeks. But getting ready for both takes a lot of time and preparation so it feels as though they are one. Once the Thanksgiving feast is all put away and over with, everyone starts thinking about Christmas; Black Friday, Christmas music, gingerbread houses, trimming the tree, and lots of parties. They're both all about family, get-togethers, and showing gratitude. I am so excited! Love this time of year.

I want to share a few recipes with you that are always part of our Thanksgiving. Doesn't every family have certain things that just have to be a part of the meal or it just doesn't feel like Thanksgiving? So, over the next couple of weeks, I'll share some of these recipes. Maybe you'd like to try them and they might become a tradition in your family. Or maybe you have one that you'd like to share.

I'm not a photographer (or even close to being one) so if I take pictures, they may not be great. Just grin and nod your head, people. Pretend they're wonderful and we'll all be happy! Now, the question is, which recipe will I share first? Hmmm, stay tuned...

1 comment:

A Bunch of Roaches said...

I can always use some good recipes, especially now that I only have my little family for Thanksgiving.