Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Weather Man Bloopers

Darn it! I was looking forward to this "blizzard" we were supposed to have. If I had been planning to go somewhere I most certainly would not have looked forward to it. But I was planning to stay home all day. Snuggling up next to a nice roaring fire, reading a book, watching a romantic Christmas movie, a giant mug full of hot chocolate and whipped cream (not the spray kind), cuddling up to my handsome husband... it all sounded so delightful. And then I remembered...

Oh yeah, I have kids! And I love each one.

Besides, the weather man lied! Not completely, but still, he got my hopes up. The storm blew in, just like he said... it snowed, just like he said... it came fast, just like he said... and it probably wouldn't have been fun to drive in, just like he said. It just wasn't as severe as he made it sound. Maybe it's strange that I'm upset about this.

Really, it's just silly. I love spending time with my husband, strange as it may be. I absolutely loooove it when he takes a day off from work and can spend time with me us. Anthony thinks it's weird. He never says that but I don't think he enjoys the time with me as much as I enjoy being with him. Maybe I'm just one of those people that hates to be alone. My kids are great company but there are times I need more than conversations about Barbie and Littlest Pet Shop. Oh, and milk! C loves milk more than I could ever tell you.

But darn it all, I wanted a storm, a real storm. Oh wait! The more I think about it, the more I realize how unprepared I am for such an event as a power outage. What if the storm had taken the power out? Would I have been happy about it then? Hmmm, maybe not. No candles, no flashlights, and I'm scared of the dark.

But I still want my storm, as long as the power doesn't go out. The weather man and his bloopers. He needs to work on that!

1 comment:

A Bunch of Roaches said...

AT least you watch the weather. I'm always sending my kids in the wrong clothes...and I'm the same, I think I enjoy spending time with my husband more than he does with me...but boys aren't as obvious about how they feel. Right?