Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"More Mooey Peas"

I won't bore you with all the mundane details of our new diet.  Let me just say involves lots of water, lots of water, and lots of fruits and veggies.  For me, getting all the fruits and veggies in is one heck of an undertaking.  I'm much more of a fruit person than a veggie gal but I don't even eat enough of that.  So, the solution is simple....

VEGGIE SMOOTHIES!!

Sound disgusting?  You'd be surprised!  Half fruit, half veggies (spinach, kale, collard greens, carrots, etc.).  Blend it all up and voila, you've got yourself an original veggie smoothie.  And guess what!  The kids LOVE them!  No joke, it's the truth.  And here's the proof...   
 He asks for more all the time... "More mooey, peas!"  Translation:  More smoothie, please.

One last thing: 

I have never had to use the bathroom so much in my entire life!  The water is the hardest part for me.  Drinking my calories is no longer an issue, however.  That's happy, no?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

We have made green smoothies with just spinach, fruit and yogurt. We all love them. I'll have to try kale sometime. I recently had it in stew I made for the first time and I really liked it which took me by surprise.

Good luck with your new eating plan!