Monday, June 27, 2011

Fiesta Salad

While searching for something to make for dinner the other night, I was determined to find a salad recipe.  Why a salad?  I don't know.  It's so unlike me.  I never crave salads but I had just returned home from the grocery store, Anthony left to work on a friend's deck as soon as I got home, and I needed something quick and easy.  Salad sounded great for that and I had just brought home a bunch of different greens that I was so excited to use. 

Silly, I know.

So, I grabbed my recipe binder (which only recently became a binder.... before that it looked like....)



Scary, eh?  Am I the only one who hoards recipes from the internet and other sources and then never makes them?  I mean, who wants to dig through a mess like that to find a recipe?  Not me!  Well, not anymore.  I dove right in as soon as I was smart enough (after many years) to get them into a binder.  A novel concept, I know. 

There I go getting off track again.  So, back to dinner.  I found this recipe for Fiesta Salad.  Perfect!  I had all of the ingredients.  So, I put it all together while only tweaking it slightly.  (Recipe calls for bagged salad... I used my own greens)

DELICIOUS!!  It would be perfect for a pot luck.

Even my kids loved it and that's saying a lot of a salad. 



Fiesta Salad

1 bag prepared salad (or prepare your own greens... I used 1/3 spinach, 1/3 romaine, 1/3 red leaf lettuce)

1 can corn, drained

1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained (I used red beans)

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 c. grated cheese

2-3 green onions, chopped

1 large tomato, chopped

1 can whole olives (you can use sliced if you prefer)

Dressing

3/4 c. ranch

3/4 c. salsa

Layer all ingredients in a large, lovely bowl.  Pour dressing over the top and garnish with crushed tortilla chips or tortilla strips.

You're going to love it!!

 

No comments: