Thursday, June 23, 2011

Homemade Ranch Dressing

Update:  I just corrected the amount of agave in this recipe.  It originally said "1 - 2 T." but it should be 1 - 2 tsp.  Sorry about that. 

This is yet another recipe that I expected not to fully love considering that I am admittedly addicted to anything sugary, processed, or full of MSG.  Or at least I was.  Now I just do my best to stay away from it... mostly, so as not to tempt myself too much with it.  Because although my tastebuds say they need it, my body does not love it once consumed. 

Here's the mix part of this recipe (store in an airtight container):
2/3 c. dried parsley flakes
3 1/2 T. dried dill weed
5 tsp. garlic powder
1/3 c. onion powder
1/4 c. sea salt



When you're ready to make your dressing:

Place 5 tsp. of dressing mix into small bowl and add the following
1 c. Vegenaise* (found in health food stores in the refrigerated section -- you can use mayonaisse in a pinch but try to find one made with olive oil or other heart healthy oil)
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. plain yogurt
1 - 2 tsp. agave nectar (remember to buy raw)
1/2 - 1 tsp. raw apple cider vinegar

Mix well with a whisk.  Refrigerate for up to 4 weeks.  So yummy!  And it's thick like my favorite brands too. 


 Enjoy!

Recipe source:  The Diet Rebel's Cookbook

1 comment:

LeShel said...

Hooray for both recipes. I was really wanting the taco seasoning recipe but this ranch looks delish. I'm going to do some searching for clean ketchup because I made a most delish vegan burger last night and had to cheat with my store bought ketchup. it doesn't have high fructose corn syrup and it only had 4g of sugar but 0g would be better. Thanks for sharing.