The other day I realized that I hadn’t made chicken fajitas for way too long. They are seriously amazing and my whole family LOVES them! It’s now on our regular rotation for dinner… again. (Forgive the picture. I didn’t stage it. Just took a pic last minute :))
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/3 c. lemon juice (or juice of 1 fresh lemon)
- 1 large onion, diced
- salt to taste (about 1/2 tsp.)
- 2 tsp. chili powder (or more if you prefer, we keep it right at 2)
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 c. cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
Mix olive oil, lemon juice, onion, salt, chili powder, oregano, and thyme in a large frying pan. Cook over medium heat until onion is tender but still has a bit of a crunch. Add garlic. Add chicken and cover to cook for about 10-15 minutes.
Add peppers and toss until they are still crisp but tender. You don’t want them to be mushy.
Serve on warmed tortillas with your choice of garnishments: cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa
Recipe source: The Diet Rebel’s Cookbook