Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

There’s a war going on in my house.  And it’s all because Anthony’s taste buds are dying? dead? deranged? insane? disturbed?

I don’t know, all I know is they’re just not right!  Pumpkin is one of the best flavors in the world when paired with sugar… and chocolate chips (unless it’s pie, because… EW!).  But seriously, it causes me much anguish that he doesn’t love pumpkin the way I do. 

Maybe I should have screened him better before entering into this lifelong commitment… I kid, of course ;)

Every time I make a pumpkin dish (besides pie because he already likes the pie) I force it down his throat and I just know that this will be it!!  This will be the time that he says, “WOW!  That is great!  I love it, give me more.” 

No such luck.  He always politely eats (if you can call his unacceptance as ‘polite’… psh!) and then says something like, “I just don’t love that flavor combo.”

Who is this man? 

Ugh! 

Anyway, I found a recipe that I LOVE!  (Original recipe found HERE) I modified it slightly because the original recipe made a gigantic batch and I like my pumpkin treats to be full of spicy flavor.  And I lowered the temp of the oven as well.

These are TO DIE FOR, moist and delicious!  I promise you’ll love them (unless you’re my husband, then you’re just a weirdy! ;))

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Mix together the following:

  • 1 c. softened butter
  • 1 1/2 c. sugar

Add:

  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla

In a separate bowl, combine:

  • 2 1/4 c. flour
  • 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 - 3/4 tsp. cloves
  • 1/2 tsp. ginger
  • 1/2 tsp. allspice
  • 1 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

Add to butter/sugar/egg mixture and mix…

Add:

  • 15 oz. pumpkin puree

Once all is combined well, stir in:

  • 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips

Bake at 325* for about 20-25 minutes.  This made 24 muffins. 

Pumpkin Choc Chip Muffins

{Don’t forget to enter to win a 1-year subscription to BYOU magazine.  Click here}

1 comment:

Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above said...

These look delicious. I have a blog hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It's called Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. The link to my blog is http://www.adornedfromabove.com
Have a great day.
Debi