Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Gifts

This was the first year that I have ever bought my own gifts for any occasion.  But with our tight budget, I knew it needed to be free (or practically free) in order for the kids to be able to get me anything at all.  Besides, I already knew exactly what I wanted.  So, along with all the homemade with love gifts you see below (my VERY favorite), I also got.....



some CLEAN EATING COOKBOOKS!  Wondering how I got them for free... almost?  (The kids think Anthony ordered them... sneaky, aren't we?)  Well, wonder no more.  Some of you are probably already using Swagbucks but if not, you should be.  All you do is use it as a search engine and it gives you points for certain searches.  I don't know how it decides when to give points but it does.  And for every 450 points, you can order a $5 Amazon gift certificate (among other prizes) or you can wait til they add up to more.  So, I had $30 worth of Amazon e-certificates and only ended up paying $6.42 since the total was $36.42.  Tell me that's not cool!  You can type anything in the search engine.  If you know you need to go to Amazon, just type in amazon.com and see if you get any points.  Just use it instead of google (it combines google and ask.com anyway) or whatever search engine you usually use.  It's GREAT!!  See that link to the right in my sidebar?  Click there, sign up, and you and I will both be earning Swagbucks!!  (Do you love C's shirt that's on backwards?)
Or click here.

And once I devour the contents of these books, I'll let you know what I like about each of them.  They all contradict each other to some degree.  But I'll give my opinions so that if you are thinking of getting one, you can make a decision based on your needs. 

No comments: