Thursday, July 7, 2011

I don't OHM...

Do you ohm?  You know what I'm talking about, right?  The meditation ohm.  Sounds like oooooohhhhhhhhmmmmmm... through as long of a breath as you can stand. 

Those ohms! 

Yeah, I don't ohm. 

I'm supposed to ohm.  Anthony and I are on our second round of P90X.  One of the workouts is the YogaX... X is right!  I've never done yoga other than YogaX but I would have to say that it's pretty Xtreme!  You'd agree too, trust me. 

At the very end of the YogaX workout, Tony Horton does 'ohms' in order to "massage the central nervous system".  Now, this is serious, folks!  I mean, massaging the central nervous system is essential, right? 

Oh, you don't massage your central nervous system?  That's ok, neither do I because I can't keep a straight face to save my life through all the massaging

I laugh through the whole thing every.single.time!  If you could hear Tony Horton and Anthony 'ohm' in unison, you would laugh too.  My laughing was pretty hysterical the very first time we ever Yoga-ed (pretend it's a word), but I've gotten better.  These days I'm able to keep it to a quiet chuckle as I listen to "oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm".  It's hilarious!  And I usually interrupt Anthony's 'massage' and restful chi.  

I can't help it! 

I mean, c'mon... it's hysterical to see him sitting indian style on the floor, eyes closed, and hands placed gently on top of the inside of the knee in a cupped shape... ohm-ing (that's a word too :)). 

You'd laugh too. 

But I can't get myself to do it.  Therefore, my central nervous system is in major need of a massage.

No comments: