Thursday, July 7, 2011

Would you hate me if...

Don't ask me what the heck I was thinking when I decided last month to start a new blog.  That's right, friends, I did it.  "Everyone's doing it" was the thought process behind that one. 

All I have to say is... UGH!  And then a double UGH UGH!! 

I don't know anyone that I talk to on a regular basis that has a Wordpress blog.  Everyone I know has a Blogger blog.  But I kept hearing little birdies whispering that Wordpress was better.  And not just a wordpress.com blog but a self-hosted Wordpress blog. 

The buzz is that they're better, so what do I do?  I FELL FOR IT!! 

My little brain got all excited and I took the plunge. 

Imagine my surprise when I find out that Wordpress is ridiculously confusing for a simple minded Brooke like me.  Ummm, you want me to know CSS?  I've never even heard that term before. 

See, Blogger has it all mapped out for me all nice and easy.  If I want to add a new function, I simply click on that 'add a gadget' tool and they're all there... everything I could ever want!  Wordpress?  Not so much.  There are certain things I have change the coding for.  CHANGE THE CODING!  Ummm, hi!  That could change {not to mention ruin} my whole blog.  And then I'd have absolutely NO clue how to fix it.  Because once you mess with the CSS {apparently different than HTML}, there's no getting it back.  Scary, I tell you! 

So, I started the blog, got really really frustrated with it (and ornery because I couldn't figure out my own dumb blog), started blogging there anyway, got more frustrated because it's still giving me crap, it's super ugly because I can't figure out how to beautify it, and I really just want to give up! 

Why don't I, you ask?  I'll tell you why, because I paid good money for that self-hosted piece of not-so-loveliness and DARNIT ALL, I'm gonna get my money's worth! 

**The above statement is my version of swearing.** 

So, in short, I'll still be updating this blog for the time being... once in a while (and we'll definitely finish out the Clean Eating Challenge here), but most of my blogging will occur over there.  I'll link you at the end of this post. 

But first, I need to ask you a favor.  Go to the other blog, check it out, then tell me what you think... Do you like the way it's laid out?  Does it need more or less of something? 

I made different categories so people can check out the ones that interest them.  But maybe you prefer it all on one page.  You'll be entering the "Welcome" page and I don't know if I like that or not.  Just tell me what you think.  I already know that I need a new header.  The default header there is just plain hideous but I haven't dared play with my CSS coding so...

I wanted to create a new blog to inspire ME to get out there and make more memories for my kids.  Sometimes I feel like we get into such a rut and I don't want my kids to remember that. 

Anyway, here's the link

No comments: