Sunday, December 18, 2011

Peppermint Pudding Cookies

I am so excited to share this recipe!  It’s slightly adapted from this recipe that I just discovered the other day.  I had to tweak it a bit because apparently the store that I shop at isn’t cool enough to carry Peppermint pudding mix.  But it really doesn’t matter because my version turned out delicious!!  Plus I tweaked a couple other things. 

pudding cookie

Peppermint Pudding Cookies

2-1/2 c. flour

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking soda

3/4 c. butter (1 1/2 sticks)

3/4 c. brown sugar

1/4 c. sugar

1 (3.4 oz) package instant White Chocolate Pudding Mix (or Vanilla)

3/4 c. yellow cake mix

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. peppermint extract

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 c. Andes ‘peppermint crunch’ baking chips (white chocolate chips will do)

1/2 c. crushed peppermint candy canes (or just buy them already crushed) ;)

Preheat oven to 350*.

Cream butter and sugars together in the bowl of your mixer (or a large mixing bowl). Add pudding mix and cake mix.  Blend well.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Blend until smooth.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.  Add to the wet mixture a little at a time until it’s fully incorporated.  Stir in baking chips and crushed candy canes.  Roll into 1” balls and place on greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.

**Below is a picture of the baking chips and crushed candy canes in case you want to look for them in your grocery store.

candy

I hope you love them!  My family sure did. 

 

1 comment:

Dana said...

They are so yummy!!! I will have to make them myself...