Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's my 100th post!

...and I have nothing cool to do or say so I'm just going to post this "25 Random Things" I did on facebook about 2 years ago because I was tagged 5 times with it.  I'm sure some of you read it there but if you're not my facebook friend, you can get to know me a little better.  Are you ready?  Just a warning... I am a HUGE geek!

1-I don't like the smell of rain.

2-I can't eat plain M&M's unless I microwave them first.

3-I've only kissed 2 guys.

4-My friend Tammy and I once sang to a guy in 5th (or maybe it was 6th) grade. We sang a New Kids On The Block song as we followed him home from school. I believe it was "I'll be Lovin' You Forever". Aren't we cool?

5-I sometimes wish I looked like somebody else. Ok, not sometimes, MOST of the time.

6-I hate my teeth and wish I would have got braces as a young teen. Had the chance but the ortho said it was optional. I opted NOT to do it. Silly me!

7-Spending money is really hard for me. Sometimes I don't even buy necessities because I'm so worried about being able to pay bills. I would almost rather go without food than not be able to pay the bills.

8-I run like a fairy. At least that's what I'm told. I must look pretty ridiculous but I hate running anyway. I don't mind that I run like a girl.

9-I can't wink! I try really hard but just end up looking ridiculous in the process. I didn't stand in the winking line in heaven.

10-I used to throw fits, literally, at the prospect of shots or having my blood drawn or even just going to the doctor. My mom had to bribe me with ice cream after even into my teens (even LATE teens).  I usually never got the ice cream... But now, 5 kids later...I'm not too scared of anything anymore.

11-I am a people pleaser. I try not to hurt anyone's feelings even if it means that I have to do something that I really don't want to do. I'm working on that though.

12-I've never been pulled over. I think I would cry though and probably get out of a ticket anyway, right? ;) (See, I can do it online... wink I mean)

13-I've lived in Utah my whole life and never been skiing or snowboarding. I did go snow shoeing a couple years ago and that was really fun. And I went snowmobiling on a date once.

14-The first time I met Anthony I couldn't look at him. I thought he was really good looking and I was embarrassed to look at him.

15-When Anthony asked me to tell him something about myself the first time I met him I said, "I have a dog." That was it. I know, I'm surprised he asked me out after that too.

16-I lived in only one house until I got married.

17-I've never purposely farted in front of Anthony. There have been a couple slips of course (who doesn't, right?) but never on purpose. And one of the times I slipped he laughed so hard that it made me cry.

18-The one thing I always wanted for Christmas as a child but never got was a Snoopy Snow Cone Maker.

19-I think the cartoons from when I was young were way cooler than the crap they put on TV now. Whatever happened to the Smurfs, the original Strawberry Shortcake, Shirt Tales, He-Man, Popeye, Rainbow Brite, Fraggle Rock, etc.

20-I can't believe my mom used to let my sister and me watch shows like Married...with Children, The Golden Girls and such. I didn't get it then but goodness, those are naughty shows for young eyes and ears!

21-I believed in Santa Claus until I was 12.  Actually, I still do just in a different way.  See here.

22-I used to get made fun of for my last name but never understood the jokes until 10th grade health class. How naive can one be?--refer to #21

23-If I could go back and redo high school, things would be a lot different.

24-I've never been organized. I don't know how to be. I'm tellin' you, once I stood in the Extremely Directionally Challenged line in heaven, I couldn't find my way to any of the lines I needed to be in.

25-For the first year at my new high school (Junior year) I knew how to GET to school only by taking Redwood. But I only knew how to get home if I took Bangerter. I couldn't reverse them and had no clue how to do it any other way.  (Refer to #24)

Yes, I am THAT awesome!

8 comments:

Beth said...

You are hilarious!!! We need to hang out soon! Wasn't your second date with Tony doubling with us???

Dana said...

Hmmm... I never knew you watched Married with Children or The Golden Girls.
YOUR MOM

Brooke said...

Silly Mom!

Lindsay said...

You must have watched Married with Children behind your mom's back because I remember you telling me that you weren't allowed to watch it. I always thought that was silly because my parents didn't ever stop me from watching it. I agree that it is too naughty for kids though. But like you said, at the time I didn't get the jokes either.

Ritsumei said...

I love your list!

#19: We don't have cable, and when we did we didn't let Monkey watch any of the cartoon channels; they;re icky. But we do sometimes buy a season of the old stuff. Right now he's watching The Super Friends. Campy? Yeah, a bit. But superior in every way to Spongebob!

Brooke said...

Lindsay, I was only NOT allowed after Kortney told her whole 2nd grade class that it was her favorite show. That was funny because the teacher gave my mom a funny look and that's when it was banned.

Ritsumei, I've never heard of The Super Friends but I agree about Spongbob, it's awful! We don't do much TV around here these days and it's been so nice. Except that C is on a Cars kick lately. He loves the movie Cars and watches it every morning.

Brooke said...

Oh, and Beth... I don't know if it was our second, maybe our third ;). I didn't like him then, remember?

Anonymous said...

Hi Brooke! Thanks for your comment. It's nice to meet you.