Monday, August 1, 2011

Easy Felt Hair Bows

This is a bow that my daughter learned how to make at an Achievement Days activity for our church.  Since then, she’s been making them for birthday presents for her friends.  They are so easy and fun!

Here’s what you’ll need:  a piece of felt, beads and/or jewels, marker, cup, glue gun, scissors and hair clip.

bow1

This was her felt of choice for this particular bow.


bow2

You’ll begin by tracing the opening of the cup onto the back of the felt with a marker five times {recognize that cup from the soda can hair bows?}bow3


bow4

And now cut them out, just inside the marker lines.  Reserve one for the base.


bow5

Run a zigzag pattern of hot glue down the middle of each of the circles.  And fold it in half.


{Hers looks more like a dot but a little more than this is necessary}


bow6

Now do the same thing on the half circle of felt and fold in half again.


bow7bow8

Do this four times, remember to reserve the fifth one as a base.


bow9


Glue each of the pieces onto the base with the point in the middle. 


bow10bow11


Cut a small piece of the leftover felt big enough for the clip to hold onto.  Run a zigzag pattern of glue over it and glue to the underside of the hair bow.


bow14bow13


Add a jewel…


bow15


…and some beads… and VOILA!!  So easy, a kid can do it!!


bow16

5 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Very cute! My daughters would love to help me make hair bows. I recently bought a glue gun and love it. Such power! :)

Luana said...

I've been wanting to get a bike to go riding with my son, but I've not followed through with that thought for the same reasons you had talked about lol.. But it looks like you had a really fun time and I bet your daughter will remember it always!

I'm following your blog from Wild Wednesday blog hop. Have a great week!

http://www.mauimompreneur.com/

Luana said...

I'm so sorry! I placed my comment on the wrong post hahaha.. these bows are very adorable though!

simply heidi said...

Adorable. I think I'll make some with my daughter today. I wonder how they would work with felt as the base, but another fabric as the "petals"? Might have to find out.
BTW: My daughter's activity day girls camp did hair flowers too. Just a different style. Are these the new relief society ceramic statue? :)

April lilly said...

You did a great job I made some with my daughter fun and easy thank you