Monday, August 22, 2011

Some favorite blogs… and a HOP!

***Note to RSS subscribers... I'm sorry if you got this twice.  It's my first link-up and apparently, I stink at it.  :)  So sorry!

I love blogging!  I think it’s the best thing since bubble gum!  Not only do I love writing my own, I also love reading them. 

Since starting this blog, I’ve ‘met’ some really fun people that I think you might want to know.  Some of them don’t even know that I exist… ok, most of them have no clue and probably really wouldn’t care anyway.  Others have become my ‘friends’ in a way.  It’s amazing that there are so many women out there that share the same passion as me.  People that feel the need to share what they love whether it be crafting, family-life, homeschooling, journaling, cooking or whatever the case may be. 

And how amazing is it that we all get to learn and grow from each other?!  I’m pretty sure I couldn’t live without it now that I’m so far involved. 

So now I’ll stop babbling.  Let you get reading and finding some fabulous blogs.  But remember, this is only a TEENY TINY list of some of my favorites.  There are many more that I am not listing only because I will save them for another HOP!

OH, and one more thing… I want to find more fun blogs!  I LOVE it! 

About the HOP… Please link up your fabulous blog to the list.  Wanna know the rules? 

  • Ok, it has to be family friendly.  No weirdies, k? 

  • Follow meBUT ONLY IF YOU WANT TO!  No, I’m serious.  I want genuine followers.  Not the ones that follow only because they expect me to follow them back.  So of course, if you like me, follow me.  If not, don’t!  We {as in, all of us} can only keep up with so many blogs.  But you are still welcome to link up. 

  • Link up to the main page of your blog.  That way we get to see your blog in all it’s glory!  Not just one fabulous post. 


 

And now on to the blogs…

First up, we have Grumpy Grateful Mom.  She’s seriously great!  I relate to her on so many levels because although she has one less child than I do, her family is pretty much like mine.  Her kids are wild and crazy… in a good way, just like mine.  I think C might be just a tad bit crazier than her 3-year-old though.  She’s just missing a nine year old.  Anyone got one for her?  ;)  I read her blog when I need to feel ‘normal’, which is usually every time she posts.  I’m pretty sure she thinks I’m a stalker.  Sorry, Grumpy!

Photobucket
 

Next up is another blog that I read when I need to feel ‘normal’.  Not because of her kids though.  She’s a mess, just like me!  Literally, she has a hard time with the housework stuff.  Me too!  She’s pretty funny about it, which I like.  She also homeschools her children.  Her site is called Balancing Everything.  She doesn’t have a button, though.  Nor does she allow comments most of the time {maybe once a month or so}.  That drives me NUTS!  But it’s her blog.  She can do what she wants with it, I suppose. 

71 Toes is the blog I go to when I need rainbows and butterflies, sunshine and roses.  Seriously, she is the kind of mom that you long to be but will never amount to.  {Well, I’m sure YOU will, I just won’t.}  She’s been Mom of the Year in Arizona, literally.  Her daughter, Lucy, has Bardet-Biedl syndrome which will eventually cause her to go completely blind.  Yet, through it all, she and her family are always upbeat about it and have high hopes.  Love her!  Yes, she’s one that doesn’t even know I exist.  Oh, and her photography skills are to die for!  Plus she’s gorgeous… the whole family is.  Also no button.

 

And now, so as to refrain from overwhelming you, I will stop there.  You’ll have plenty to read between all three of the above blogs.  Like I said before, I have many, many favorites but I want to make this link party/HOP a monthly thing so I’ll feature more next time.  We’ll see how this first one goes.

Who knows… YOU may be the only one.  And that would be sad, but I promise to come and visit!  Oh happy day, right?  I’ll link up first, then you won’t be completely alone.  ;)  Or maybe I'LL be the only one.  That would be funny... and sad. :(  So, link up, friends!!


5 comments:

Missy said...

Brooke, you are so funny. I am on the hunt for blogs from mom's in Utah and I can across yours. Idk how funny I am or if anyone is even following me or my "parenting" advice but I tried to add myself up on your linky guy. Feel free to head on over. I started the blog as an enhancement to my website. www.time4mommy.webs.com I have a business here in Utah providing in home care for women placed on bedrest, during the first several weeks after baby is born and providing respite care to families with children with special needs. I thought it would be fun to post some stuff that new mom's would find interesting and now I am hooked on blogging. I've been updating everyday. Lol. Even on vacation. Anyhow, I am following your fun and added you to my blog. Good luck and thanks for the link up. :)
Missy

Kristin said...

Super excited to follow 71 toes! I haven't checked out the others yet, but I already know that I like this new blog a lot! She seems way down to earth, and that entitlement book she's talking about? I've heard about and I plan to read it. I already know we'll get along just great. :)

Brooke said...

I don't know why but Blogger is giving me a hard time commenting... I don't understand it! I visited your blog and completely relate to your most recent post. Here is the comment I tried leaving...

It's taken me into adulthood to realize that the only true way to be happy is to be myself. I appreciate this post. It's so hard to teach children what you know as an adult. Things we had to learn the hard way.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and linking up. I really appreciate it. And for linking to me. Hopefully this comment works. I am having issues with Blogger letting me comment for some reason. Here goes nothin...

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Hey Brooke,
Thanks for mentioning me! I totally stalked your first. Glad I didn't scare you away. You are my I want to feel normal friend too. Though your cooking skills leave me in the dust. :)

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Really appreciate you linking up this fantastic post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. Hope you'll continually share your creativity with us at the weekly party :)