Thursday, September 15, 2011

Naming Children

Remember when you were little, playing with your dolls, and you would think of the best, most beautiful, awesomest {it’s a word now, just ask me}, glorious name you had ever heard in your life to name your dolls?  Or better yet, you even got to be the one with that name.  Playing house was always much more fun when I got to be someone like Tatiana, because Tatiana was the most beautiful name I had ever heard. 

My cousin always wanted to be Francesca. 

And my stuffed animals got to have some of the best names ever thought of.  I mean, who wouldn’t want a dog named Poncho Herman?  Poncho for my uncle whom I adored and Herman because Peewee Herman pretty much the coolest guy on the entire planet.  No? 

These days, it’s my girls who are naming their animals and dolls. I overhear my girls talking about what they’ll name their kids one day.  George and Henry are frontrunners right now. 

Like I said before, at one point, one of my children was to be named Tatiana.  Except by the time I actually had kids, Tatiana was no longer on my list. 

The other day, while shopping at Target, I ran across these guys. 

Coco Cameron

LG13

Sasha Shelly

LG14

Remember them?  Oh how I loved my Cabbage Patch Kids!  I had many, many of them throughout my childhood and I never had to come up with a name.  I loved that!  They came with a ‘beautiful’ name already chosen for me.  Names that flowed just as well as my beloved Poncho Herman.  There were five CPK that I absolutely adored, 3 girls and 2 boys.  And I loved their names so much that I decided to name my kids after them one day. 

As luck would have it, I have 3 girls and 2 boys.  Unfortunately, I couldn’t get Anthony on board with the names I had chosen from the cabbage patch.  Ugh!  I don’t know what’s wrong with him ;) 

Here’s a list of what my children’s names ‘should’ have been….

K would have been:  Lynette Hattie

A would have been:  Dinah Melva

H would have been:  Felice Dawn

C would have been:  Ed Gilbert

B would have been:  Carl Mac

 

Like I said, I don’t know what’s wrong with Anthony.  I’m positive that A would have loved for her middle name to be Melva.  Who wouldn’t?  And doesn’t B just look like a Carl Mac.  He totally does.  C would’ve made a great Ed!  **Sigh** 

Whatever, Anthony!  Sheesh, give our kids normal names… how boring…

4 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

LOL! The Christmas I got TWO cabbage patch kids may have been my best Christmas ever. I still have one of those--I washed her in the washing machine and gave her to my girls. I think her name's Sophia Rose or something like that--so beautiful. :)

Working Mommy said...

Um...I want my middle name to be Mac!! We ended up with Cadence Victoria and Maximus Finnegan...if Bubba was going to be a girl, then he would have been Scarlett Akoya. Who says we can't have fun with our kids' names?!

wm

Sarah said...

Correct me if i'm wrong but I recall your children were going to be named
1da (Wanda)
2odd (Todd)

Am I forgetting any others?

Brooke said...

Don't forget Je4ey (Jeffrey) and 3sa (Theresa)!

DANG! I forgot all about those!