Saturday, October 8, 2011

Kit Kat Woes

Hi, my name is Brooke and I’m a sugar addict. 

I try to eat healthy, really I do, and I am {mostly} successful!  Do I get any points for that? 

I try to follow the 80/20 rule and trust me, I take FULL advantage of my 20… thank goodness for the 20! 

The other day, I bought some Kit Kats for our Halloween Bouquet and may have ‘accidentally’ left a couple out. 

Hey, I’m entitled, no? 

It was torture waiting for the kids to go to bed that night because those darn Kit Kats were calling my name the whole day.  TORTURE!!  And when it finally happened, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on one of those packages (just one… but I wanted two).  I gave the second one to Anthony.  I’m the best wife ever ;)

Anyone else hide the good stuff and wait for the kids to go to bed to pull it out?  Does that make me a food hoarder?  If so… Hi, my name is Brooke and not only am I sugar addict, I’m also a food hoarder.  THERE!  I said it… Sheesh!

I feel better now.  Sort of.

Anyway, I pulled out the goods and opened the package to find a cutesy Halloween design on my Kit Kat.  What the…  I knew the package was Halloween-ish but didn’t realize the candy itself would be mutilated.  As I tried to break each piece away, look what happened…

kitkat2

UGH!  They don’t break like they’re supposed to!  So much for “break me off a piece of that Kit Kat Bar”.  We’ve got some serious issues here. 

And then trying to eat it was just all wrong.  Ok, so maybe I eat my Kit Kats funny.  But even Anthony who eats his Kit Kats the boring normal way said that the chocolate to wafer ratio was all wrong.  It just was!

So tonight, I had to buy some more, some normal ones.  No Halloween designs.  Had to.  And yes, we ate and we feel better.  Or at least I do. 

Random and silly, I know but I promise to have a less random post tomorrow.  Just had to gripe.  Thanks for hearing me out. 

Anything you’d like to share?  You’ll feel better, I promise… 

 

 

 

9 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Lol! I'm so glad you got your KitKat issues resolved! Mmmmm...I love KitKats. I just read a friend's post about KitKat's in Japan. Apparently they are obsessed over there and have every flavor, from Cheesecake to Corn! I think I'll order some unique flavors for Christmas, though I'm not too hopeful that I'll like them.

Jessica said...

Fortunately having Celiacs helps control my sugar addiction. Lots of candy/desserts have gluten. But, in the past I've been known to have to re-buy all Halloween and Easter candy because somehow I've consumed it all, myself. Even when I've kept it all the way downstairs in the creepy, dark basement! I've learned to not buy until right before the holiday. And, yes, I've waited for the kids to be asleep before bringing out the good stuff. You're better than me though. Ive rarely shared with the husband..... Just to let you know, European chocolate is to die for. Grab a Milka bar from Target next time you're there!

Sharlee said...

I wait now until J goes to bed. All. The. Time. My weakness is M&Ms. Plain old M&Ms. But J LOVES them too. So I have to wait or he thinks he can have an M&M diet and eat nothing else. I allow myself only one funsize pack. Have you noticed how they have shrunk? It's probably a good thing but I can't help but feel jipped each time I open a LITTLE pack.

nicole said...

Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

Cari said...

That is hilarious ;) I'm not a kit kat addict, but I may or may not have hidden and snuck my son's potty treats (dark chocolate bounty and reeses)...

Dana said...

My mom and dad would wait for us to go to bed. They my dad would go get Ice Cream Sundays, banana splits or milkshakes. They would try and hide the evidence but we caught them. Hi my name is Dana and I too am a sugar addict. UGH!

Kristin said...

I would like to share... that I've never heard of this 80/20 rule. What? I have to cut back on my sugar intake?? Ignorance is surely bliss!
(I also eat my Kit Kats wafer by wafer- as I've mentioned before- so I feel your pain!)

Brooke said...

I have had some European chocolate and I completely agree. It really is the best! I've never tried the Milka bar though. I'll be on the lookout next time I hit Target.

Brooke said...

The 80/20 rule is where you eat only clean, whole, natural foods 80% of the time. The other 20% you can eat whatever you want! I LOVE my 20%.