Friday, October 14, 2011

Today {Friday}…

Shhhhh! 

The kids are sleeping… don’t move

Don’t say ANYTHING

Please tiptoe.

And don’t eat anything that crunches… they might hear it…

Seriously, it’s been one of those days.  You know, the ones where you just want to run away.  The ones where the kids come up to you to try and tattle, whine, or cry to you about everything and you just want to cover your ears and yell….

LALALALALALALALALALALALALA!!!!  I can’t hear you!!!!!!

Yeah, one of THOSE days.  Are you with me? 

C was a complete mess all day.  It started out with some hitting, lots of spitting and several time outs. 

Have I ever mentioned that time outs don’t work well for him?  Well, they don’t.  He likes to sneak out of the corner only he doesn’t realize he isn’t really sneaking because I can see his every move. 

Once he had ‘snuck’ out of time out one too many times for my now short temper (now, because he shortened the fuse early in the day), I opted to put him in his bed.  I know, you’re not supposed to use his bed (a crib) as time out because then they (children) start to associate bedtime with being in trouble blah blah blah.  I get it.  However, this child of mine is extremely difficult in comparison to the three that came before him. 

{I will explain the small red mark on his face momentarily}

wall3

And so far, we’ve had no issues with bedtime.  Therefore, in order to keep my sanity and prevent me from doing something I would regret, the bed is the only logical answer. 

Although, today the bed thing didn’t quite work out the way it was intended. 

Normally, he stays in his bed until I let him know that he can come out and apologize to his most recent victim.  Today that was B.  He had knocked him over several times and hit him without warrant. 

But anyway, today C decided to climb out of his crib.  Once it became quiet from his end of the hallway, I decided I better go check on him.  He’d had a rough morning so maybe he’d fallen asleep. 

Oh no, not the case at all.  Instead, he had decided to paint the wall above where K sleeps… the top of the bunk.

wall2    wall1

Granted the entire room is in desperate need of a paint job.  The kids have picked the light lavender paint off in so many places, it’s pretty ghetto.  See what I mean?

wall4

I guess C decided to help us out.  Only problem is, it could take a while to paint the entire room with a nail polish brush!!!

The good news?  He only got a tiny bit on his face, in his hair, and on his shirt.  There may also be a slight spot on his pants.  Score! 

Well, the rest of the day went just about as well.  I think every kid was either bumped, scratched, hit, or pushed by something or someone today.  There were lots of tears.  And they each have a mark to prove it. 

C began torturing his brother again after their naps so it was off to the crib once again…

This time he peed. 

On purpose…

Now he’s acting like an inmate!  Seriously? 

I tried not giving him the attention he was after but he came out stark naked yelling that he had peed while I had company.  My cousin was over for just a bit picking up her daughter that I had watched for a little while today. 

Sigh

Oh and by the way, my cousin said to me today, “Did you hit your head?” 

I told her I hadn’t and asked why she asked the question…

It just so happens that I have a ginormous, out of control ZIT on my forehead.  She thought it was a bruise. 

Thanks for noticing… Just another tidbit about my day.

Oh, and then dinnertime rolled around.  Let’s take a look inside my fridges.  We have 2… you’d think at least ONE of them would have something more than condiments and cottage cheese.

fridge1

fridge2

NOPE!  Not even milk!!

Guess what we had for dinner.  Just guess.

You’re probably wrong.  We had Stove Top and refried beans.

Seriously. 

You wish you were a mom like me!  Admit it!  If only you could be so cool… serving refried beans (with cheese, of course) and Stove Top.  It doesn’t get any better than that.

And right now I’m eating a hot fudge sundae.  It was THAT rough of a day! 

---------------

And that’s all I want to say about today.  Happier things are on the way!  Things like K’s birthday party tomorrow, my study notes on Elder Richard G. Scott’s talk {it’s coming, I promise}, and Halloween parties to plan.  Oh and tomorrow I’m posting a really yummy zucchini cake.  I promise, you won’t want to miss it!  I hope you’ve still got some zucchini left from your harvest.  

How was your day?

 

 

 

4 comments:

Cari said...

Oh my! I used to freak out when my son would write his name on the wall in pencil! Nail polish!!! I'm convinced that boys were designed to teach mothers patience, long suffering and forgiveness.I just wish I could learn it quicker so they didn't have to teach me so often... Hope you get a break this weekend (and get to go shopping without the kids!)

Jaymie said...

Oh, man! Those kind of days are TOUGH. I'm glad that you could at least finish it off with a hot fudge sundae. I have to admit that I've never paired refried beans and stovetop, but we've had those type of meals. Between the beans and the grain in the stuffing, at least you served up a complete protien. :)

By the way, I love your blog. It was fun to find you. I've given you The Versatile Blogger Award. If you'd like, stop by and pick it up.

Hope today goes MUCH better for you!

Emily s. said...

I love this post. I laughed out loud. I have those kinds of days too. Hang in there!

Tammy Drayer said...

Dear Brooke:

The name of your site caught my attention (babblin-brooke.com). I love it! And I love your site/blog! I have two boys (6 and 7)and am looking for party ideas. Their birthdays are 4 days apart. One collects and loves frogs and the other collects and loves penguins. I saw some great ideas on Pinterest. I especially love your cake pops your daughter made at her birthday party. If you could invite me to Pinterest I would be ever so grateful. I am searching for ideas for these parties coming up at the end of this month (February) and early March. Thank you so much. I hope to use your bag ideas in my future classroom some day. Thank you so much, Brooke!